Registered in England and Wales
Registration no. 11451868
Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ
This data protection declaration explains to you the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") within our online offer and the associated websites, functions and contents as well as external online presences, e.g. our social media profile (hereinafter jointly referred to as "online offer"). With regard to the terms used, such as "processing" or "person responsible", we refer to the definitions in Art. 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- We may collect, process and retain the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide when ordering products online at www.christophleather.com ("our site") or over the phone with our customer services team. We will also ask for contact details including your telephone number so that we and/or our nominated courier can call you if there's a problem (i.e. if a courier has a problem delivering).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, or over the phone or in one of our stores and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and record conversations to resolve order queries or for training purposes.
- We may also ask you for other information, for example: Category preferences, age and any special dates (such as birthday and anniversary) which will be used to enhance our service to you.
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
- We may also obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer, which is used to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service and enables us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site and to make relevant product recommendations.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
- To help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
- You should still be able to access and use our site even if you have refused the setting of the cookie.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Process your orders effectively.
- Make your shopping experience with us as quick and as simple as possible.
- Inform you of Christoph Leather offers or new products that may be of interest to you or events that may be happening in a store close to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Send you product catalogues.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between us.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Help to protect you from fraud (for instance we may carry out identity verification, credit or anti-fraud checks against your name using third party databases, which may involve disclosure to registered credit reference or fraud prevention agencies who may retain and use your personal information), carry out analysis and to help us manage our business, statutory returns and legal and regulatory compliance.
- We may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to consistently improve our site design and customer communication to better meet our visitors' needs and to enhance the overall service we provide to our customers.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and will determine the maximum retention period of any personal information we hold with regard to our legitimate interests to retain data and our obligation under GDPR to minimize the data we hold.
- In general, unless we receive a request to delete the information earlier we will retain your personal information for seven years following the most recent interaction we've had with you, for example the most recent purchase or when you most recently engaged with us via our marketing channels.
- Once the information reaches its disposal date it will be deleted from our systems, physically destroyed or put beyond use if not permanently deleted.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We do not sell any of your personal information to third parties. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary, and so we may disclose your personal information to authorized third party service providers who help us to provide our services such as:
- Companies involved with the payment and logistics of your purchase, such as payment service providers, fulfilment providers to facilitate order management, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as website hosts and marketing agencies.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, in an effort to prevent fraud.
- Third party sites approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email. Please also note that while your request is being processed, for a brief period you may continue to receive communications which are already on their way to you.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- The General Data Protection Regulation provides for rights for you regarding your personal information to:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request a change to the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it
- If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org